I have no pictures to post and I know I just updated yesterday but we had the most awesome message this morning at Lifepoint. I know, I know, you've heard me say that before. REALLY, it was AWESOME!
This morning we had a little bit of a different mix of family members with us; Wayne & I, Brian (Stephanie is in Athens this weekend) Ashley & Brandon. Halfway through the service Brian turned to me and said, "Mimi, how much are the DVDs for Brother Joe's messages? I have to have this one!" As we prayed at the end, I saw tears rolling down his face. As soon as Brother Joe concluded the message Wayne stood up and said, "Well, I have a NEW favorite message!" You should have seen the line to order copies of CDs and DVDs of this message. It was amazing. It not only touched my family but through Brother Joe's incredible gift to allow God to use him, it touched everyone I saw. We truly WORSHIPPED and as usual, I didn't want it to end!
Okay so, what was the message about? It was about WORSHIP. It was about COMMITMENT. It was about TRUTH. It was about FEELINGS. I can not begin to explain the message (you'll have to borrow our CD or DVD) but one of Brother Joe's points was that "Feelings come out of Commitment, not the other way around." That one is really deep, so think about it for a while. Think about it in terms of your relationship with your spouse. If you are committed to your spouse, the feelings will come." If you try to do it the other way around, it won't work. Now, think about it in terms of your relationship with Jesus Christ. Wow!
I'm so sorry Steph, Rob & Jessica were unable to be with us but I'm sure they'll take advantage of the DVD or CD we ordered. It's definitely a KEEPER!
I can't wait until next Sunday! Rob graduates with his Master's Degree on Friday from GC&SU and my Mom & Ralph as well as Wayne's Mom will be in town. Wayne's Mama will still be here on Sunday and is planning on going to church with us! She is awesome and the most incredible servant of Jesus that I've ever known. I explained to her that Lifepoint was not like the churches we've been to in the past so please keep an open mind. She said she is so pleased that her children and grandchildren are excited about church again that as long as the gospel of Jesus Christ is being preached and God in honored she will be thrilled! It will be an exciting weekend for us! I hope to post lots of pictures of the family from the graduation and the rest of the weekend. I hope you all have a blessed week! Hugs ~ Kim

2 comments:
I hate that I missed that service, but I will definitely listen to the CD you ordered. Love you:)
Kim,
Did you paint this picture? It is awesome!!!!!!!!
Alice J
Post a Comment