Saturday, April 28, 2007

Catching up

I have lots of catching up to do with posting my lastest art. I'm going to do it in chronological order and unfortunately I'm not satisfied with the first piece but promised myself that I'd post it. I painted my Dogwood last Saturday, April 21st. It looked okay when I left class but not as good as I would have liked. So, what did I do? I went home and messed with it and now I REALLY don't like it. The whole time I was messing with it I could hear Sandy's voice inside my head saying, "Leave it alone, it looks great!" That's what I get for being such a renegade! :o) However, the good news is that I won this REALLY GORGEOUS one that Sandy painted in class so I am going to try it again and promise I will post the new one. Then, Tuesday a good friend and coworker, Renee', gave me this little jar and asked if I could paint something green and yellow on it for her bathroom. I said SURE! I knew we were painting on glass on Wednesday night and that would give me some good practice painting with my enamels since I hadn't done it in a while. Here is the one view... ...and here is another view. We painted this pretty vase/jar on Wednesday, April 25th with rosebuds. One of the ladies got a pale pink candle to put in hers and it was so pretty. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with mine yet. This is with the flash... ...and this is without the flash. Today I had two classes. I believe these were two of my favorites. This is peaches and peach blossoms painted on a wooden plate. This is with the flash... ...and this is without the flash which really shows the colors better. I just loved this class and somehow I finished early. Finally, here is a tall, narrow tera cotta pot than can be used for wine or whatever you want. Sandy said it works great if you put this in the refrigerator to chill it then put your bottle of chilled wine in it to keep it cool. I painted 2 clusters of grapes on this and will paint another when I have a chance. Here is the first side... ...and here is the second. This class was my 19th class with Sandy since November. I can't begin to explain the joy I feel when I'm painting. Most of you who really know me, know that I believe that everyone comes into our lives for a reason. I truly believe that Sandy came into my life at just the right time. A few years ago and I would have been too busy with all of the kid's sports and band activities. This is just the right time in my life and it helps to fill a little bit of that empty nest feeling that I have. I am so thankful for Sandy and her God-given talent. She has been such a blessing! CONGRATULATIONS to Lisa for winning Sandy's drawing. There were 3 of us in the drawing for taking 6 classes each in the month of April. Lisa wins a fantastic day painting with Sandy in her home. Of course I'm a little disappointed that I didn't win, but I am so very happy for Lisa! :o)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, Mimi! I love everything you have done. I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend those clases with you, but thanks to Sandy there will be many more. I know that I need to update and now that I'm starting to paint more I have paintings of my own to post. I'm having a GREAT time in Athens and I promise I'll drive home safe tomorrow. I love you so VERY much! You're the best!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

BEAUTIFUL ART!!!
I'm so proud of you and more than that am very thankful God has brought us into each others lives.
Keep up the awesome creations!

Unknown said...

Even though you were awesome before, I think you improve everytime you go to a class! You are incredible! By the way, when do I get my lily painting?? :) Love ya!!!