If you follow the link:
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/virginiatech.shootings/victims/index.html you can read a little about each person who lost their life in the tragdey and leave comments if you wish. It makes it a bit more personal seeing a face with the name and knowing a little about them. I made 4 of these pins as a reminder of the great loss suffered there. The kids and I wore them on Friday. I couldn't get a real clear picture but it says "Hokie" Hope" "Remember" "4-16-07".
Stephanie painted this welcome sign for a friend of hers. It came out so-o-o-o cute! She did the lettering freehanded! That sunflower is gorgeous. Great job, sweetie!Bryant's Parapro asked me to paint some folders for his Kindergarten teacher with her new (soon-to-be-married) name on them. So, I painted several folders with her name and sunflowers and finished them up with a cut-out sunflower and ribbon.
I don't remember if I mentioned in a previous blog post or not but Steph and I have been working on setting up a room for Bryant so he can have his own space and play with his toys. Well, we finally finished it last Sunday. We were real pleased with the outcome. I have some decorating to do but everything is pretty organized.![]()
Well, I'm going to make it an early night tonight and hope that I can sleep! I'll post more in a few days. I took a dogwood painting class today with Sandy so I'll gather a few more pics and make another post when I have a chance. Hugs ~ Kim

1 comment:
Lovely pin ~ tragic events that lead to creating it but what a fantastic show of support!
Your folders are gorgeous as is Stephs welcome sign. I'm so proud of you two! You continue to amaze me with what you learn and what you continue to create "outside" of class.
Post a Comment