It's been more than a week since I've updated and but I've been REALLY busy! Let's see, I've organized, financed, worshipped, visited, celebrated, fellowshipped, crafted, cried, spectated, & studied since I last posted!
~
ORGANIZED: Steph and I moved my painting, crafting, scrapbooking, card-making, etc. from our former dining room to our old computer room. It's still a mess but it's all downstairs in one room with a very big closet. I don't have any pictures yet but I'll send some when I finish. Stephie & I are really excited about getting it finished.
~
FINANCED: We had a great Financial Peace class on "Buyer Beware". We learned a lot about marketing and the power of CASH!
~
WORSHIPPED: It was again the first Wednesday night of the month and we had church. Boy did we have CHURCH! It was so awesome. I could truly feel the Holy Spirit moving among us. We sang, we prayed, we laughed, we reflected, we WORSHIPPED! We also had a wonderful service on Sunday and shared it with Wayne's Mom who was with us as well as both of the girls and their guys. A friend from work came to worship with us as well and it was wonderful having both of them with us. It was another awesome service!
~
VISITED: My Mom & Ralph came in Thursday evening for Rob's graduation. It was especially wonderful to see her since she was in the hospital due to her stroke the last time I saw here in February. She looked wonderful. I had a great time visiting with them on Friday. (I took another day of vacation!) They met me at work and I got to introduce them to everyone. We then went to Hobby Lobby & met Rob & Ashley at Cheddar's for lunch. We went home and waited for Wayne's Mom to get in then had a short time to visit before the graduation.
~
CELEBRATED: Let me just start off this post by saying that I have the most awesome immediate family as well as extended family anyone could ask for. As I'm sure most of you know by now, our 27-year-old son, Rob, graduated with his Master's Degree in Business Administration from Georgia College & State University on Friday, May 4th @ 7:00 p.m. In attendance for his beautiful Gradate Ceremony were, Wayne, myself, Stephanie, Brian, Ashley, Brandon, Jessica, Bryant and from out of town were my Mom and Ralph and Wayne's Mom. That's 11 people! There were other members of our family who would have loved to have been there in person, like my grandmother, but were there in spirit. The ceremony was very, very nice. It was held outside and though rain was expected the clouds made it just cool enough to be absolutely enjoyable. I've posted several of the 115 pictures (yes, 115) that I took with my digital camera while we were there. I'll post them in order with a brief caption.
The stage was so beautiful. I wasn't real sure about it being outside but am so glad they had it there.
Stephanie, Judy (Kim's Mom) and Kim
Mary Ann (Wayne's Mom) and Wayne
Brian & Stephanie
Brandon & Ashley
Jessica & Steph
Here is Rob getting "hooded". I had no idea this was going to happen. It was a very thrilling moment!
Each "school" (Rob's is Business) has their own colors for their hood.
Our proud family! :o)
The kids ~ Brandon, Ashley, Rob, Steph & Brian
Rob with his grandmothers ~ Judy (Kim's Mom) & Mary Ann (Wayne's Mom)
3 Generations ~ Wayne, Rob & Mary Ann (Wayne's Mom)
3 Generations ~ Judy (Kim's Mom), Rob & Kim
Rob & Bryant :o)
Last but certainly not least is cute Stephanie! :o)
I know Rob knows how proud we are of him but I must state it again here. He has worked VERY hard to accomplish this goal. It's been a tough road but he did an outstanding job making school a priority. We love you son!
~
FELLOWSHIPPED: We had a wonderful time of celebration & fellowship with our family at the Olive Garden after graduation. We were all exhausted when we finally made it home but it was such a wonderful day full of memories...and of course...breathless moments
~
CRAFTED: About the middle of last week I was wondering what we could do on Saturday with Wayne's Mom that would be fun and memorable. I called both of the girls and asked them if they'd be up for a painting class with Grandma. I contacted Sandy and she had openings in her 1:00 class and we had our own little party! We painted butterfly bushes and butterflies on tissue boxes. We had a great time thanks to Sandy. (I wish my Mom could have attended but they had to leave Saturday morning.)
This is the box that Sandy painted during class. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL? Sandy had me pick the name in the drawing and I picked Mary Ann, Wayne's Mom! She thought it was rigged but it REALLY wasn't!
Here is the box that Wayne's Mom painted. She told me on the way to Hobby Lobby that she would just walk around HL while we took the class. I told her NO! The whole reason we were doing the class was to spend time with her. She was VERY reluctant and even hid (kiddingly) in the greenery at HL! :o) I think she surprised herself with her beautiful accomplishment. Sandy was a great encouragement to her, as always, and made our afternoon one to remember!
This was only the 2nd class that Ashley has taken. She did a GREAT job on her box!
Here is Steph's beautiful tissue box. She has such a natural talent!
Here is my box. We had such a great time. Thanks, Sandy!
~
CRIED: I had to say good-bye to my Mom and Ralph on Saturday morning which made me so sad then I had to say good-bye again to Wayne's Mom on Sunday when she had to leave. We enjoyed them all so much. I gave my Mom my framed seascape painting and sent my tulip painting home with her for my grandmother all for Mother's Day. I gave my rosebud vase to Wayne's Mom for Mother's Day.
3 comments:
And you said that I take more pictures than you do. Hmmm.
What a beautiful family! What a special day. I'm sure your son is glad to be done with school - finally. I had so much fun with you, MaryAnn and the girls!
Have a blessed day.
It is so hard to believe that Robby is finally done with school!:) I have to agree that you do take more pictures than anyone I know but I think it's great that you do! Love you!!
Post a Comment