Friday, March 2, 2007

Weathering the storm...

Bryant lost his first tooth this week. He looks so cute. He's got another loose tooth and can't wait for the tooth fairy to visit again! We had a bad storm here last night and into the morning. LOTS of rain, wind and several tornados. This is the same storm that devastated Enterprise, Alabama yesterday afternoon. Our hearts go out to all of the families who suffered loss of belongings but especially to those who lost loved ones. We were very fortunate here and were so happy to have Brandon's (Ashley's boyfriend) family here with us from Crawford county since they lost power. Our dogs were going crazy with the bad weather, especially our two meteorologists, Annie and Jody. They KNOW when rain and bad weather is heading our way. They are terrified of it and their mood changes and just want to be held or hide somewhere. Wayne and I were off work today. We kept Bryant last night because he wasn't feeling well and we were pretty sure he wouldn't be going to school today. Wayne played golf. Bryant and I didn't do much. Neither of us felt very well so we slept and relaxed all day. I hated to "waste" my day off like that but I think my body needed the rest.
I had my birdhouse painting class on Monday but haven't finished it yet. Here is what I've done so far. I'll try to work on it soon and post a picture of the finished piece.
These teeny-tiny flowers and bugs are a real challenge for me. To give you a better perspective of the size. This whole painted section is only 2 inches tall! The bees are about 1/4" long! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :~) Kim

2 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Your birdhouse is gorgeous! I'm expecting you to finish it though-hehehe. Glad you weathered the storm okay ~ we never lost power either thankfull cause I was glued to the TV.
Have a great week and I'll see you soon.

Unknown said...

You did such a good job on your birdhouse! We'll have to get me started on one:) By the way, where is Crawfordville?:) That's a new one to me:) Love you!!!