Friday, March 16, 2007
Three-day-weekend...
Most of your know that Wayne and I work a 9/80 work week which gives us a 3-day-weekend every other week. Lately I've had to travel or had lots of errands, etc. to do on that extra off-Friday but today all I HAVE to do is get my hair done and go to Petsmart. Of course I'll do a little laundry and straightening up but that'll be it. I slept until 8:00 a.m. which was wonderful! Anyway, I thought I'd share something I did last night. Sandy painted some file folders for someone and I thought that might be fun to have as a special thing at work or even home.
I painted 3 cherry blossom folders. They got better each time and this was my third try. I thought Steph might want to share them with her co-workers in Macon since the Cherry Blossom Festival was going on there this coming week.
I also painted 6 folders similar to Sandy's of rosebuds. I'm not sure what I am going to do with these but it was good practice. The "canvas" was really cheap since it was a file folder and it is practical. If something happens to it through use I just toss it and pick up another. This is something that will bring a smile to my face when I see it through my day.
Well, I'll update more later. By the way, Ashley did well at the hospital on Monday. Hope you have a great day! ::Hugs:: Kim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those folders are so cute! Your rose buds are awesome!! Maybe you could make me a special box for your house with special treats inside for a special girl and put roses on it:) You know I am like a rose, beautiful in my own way:) Love you, Mimi!
Beautiful!
You should have called me - we could have painted all day together! I have been preparing for our classes tomorrow since I've had such a busy week I haven't had an opportunity til today to get it all done - plus, the boys were off with an in-service day so full time mom, changed sheets, switched clothes from winter to spring and still have more class stuff that needs to be done! PHEW! I'm exhausted.
See you tomorrow afternoon
Post a Comment