Monday, March 19, 2007

Cherry Blossom Mug

I'm slipping in a quick post between Financial Peace homework and Income Taxes to show you what I painted last night. I ran across a glass mug that I purchased back in December for a couple of dollars but hadn't been inspired on what to paint on it until last night. Since the Cherry Blossom Festival is going on now in Macon I thought I'd paint Cherry Blossoms on my mug. Painting on glass is so much different than painting on canvas or wood. The enamel paint just seems to slide instead of being absorbs like on other surfaces. It is easier in that you can just wipe it off and start over but other than that it truly takes patience. We had another great message at church yesterday. The 5th installment of the "why i" series was "why i pray". As the other 4, this too was an awesome message. It was great to have Stephanie and Brian with us at church and the rest of the day at the house. I can't wait until our other children are able to join us as their schedules allow. Stephanie helped me get a LOT of things done around the house. Thanks my precious angel! Wayne and Brian went out to help Brandon put the new dog house together and he was already finished. He put it together so quickly and did an awesome job! Thanks bud! However Cam won't go in it yet! Jack figured out real quick how comfy it was and made himself at home. Oh well. Brian and Wayne hung out and watched the race. Hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We did work very hard and got a lot done, but I had a great time. It was worth it to be able to spend that much time with and also to get that reaction from papa! That is all the reward that I need. I want you guys to know that Brian and I truly enjoy being with you and papa on Sundays. It's our special time. I'm not just talking about painting and watching the race, but also going to church. I can't definitely tell that there is something different about church, because we aren't people who like to go very far for anything. So this has to be something that only God could plan for! I love you Mimi! You are the greatest.
By the way, I LOVE your mugs. Don't forget to bring it to class tomorrow! I love you!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Gorgeous Cherry Blossoms! I'm a proud teacher!!!!
Have a great week and I'll see you Wednesday.

Unknown said...

You are so festive! I'm glad you didn't paint them on your car though;) Love you!!