Monday, March 12, 2007

Beautiful Sunday

It was a gorgeous day in middle Georgia! It was just over 75 degrees and beautiful sunny weather. I finally got out and trimmed our crepe myrtles. I normally do it by Valentine's Day but with all that happened that week, it just never got done. We had another awesome service at church, "Why I Give", and were so glad to have Brian & Stephanie join Wayne, Bryant and I. They got their material for the Financial Peace class and are going to join us this week. Stephanie and Brian also spent the day with us and Steph and I painted a little which we love to do when we are together and have time. I'm loving my Donna Dewberry Flowers from A-Z book. All of the pictures, except for the cherry blossoms here, were inspired by the pictures and instructions in that book. Here are a couple of things I painted while Steph and I had our time together today. Here is my first attempt at cherry blossoms. I used Sandy's Cherry Blossom canvas on her blog as a guide and I thought they came out pretty good. I'm taking this class on canvas on the 21st. So, since I've practiced a bit I hope that canvas will come out exceptionally well. I'm not crazy about this piece but I'll have to try again. The violets are okay but the leaves still give me a fit. I still struggle with placement. Sandy says it is something that will come with time. I hope she's right...I guess I'm just impatient!
Well, I'd better get to bed since we have to be at the hospital in the morning for Ashley's procedure. Luckily we don't have to be there until 9:00 a.m. I'll try to post again soon.
Hugs ~ Kim

2 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Those are gorgeous! You will fly through the cherry blossoms class!
Bring your other flowers with you and I'll share some composition tips with ya!
Have a great week.

Unknown said...

You did such a good job, Mimi! That is no surprise though:) Love you!!