Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Finishing Touches

Well, thanks to my friend Sandy, I took her advice and had my tulips and rooster framed at Hobby Lobby today. They did and awesome job. The open-backed frames were 50% off and for $1.00 they secured the canvas to the frame and added a wire hanger. I can't believe how it gave it such a finished look. I guess I'll save all of my pictures for their 50% off sale and have everything framed.
I gave my rooster painting to my friend, Judy as a housewarming gift. When she saw it for the first time she told me that I'd have to paint one for her because she was going to decorate her kitchen in roosters. I knew at the point that I wanted to give it to her but have been waiting to get it framed. You can't really see it in this picture but it has just a little tiny bit of red on the edges that really makes this frame perfect. Judy has lovingly named him, "Chubby"!
I also had an old photo that my Great Aunt gave Wayne and I as a wedding gift in 1978 of my grandfather as a baby with his mother. This picture is almost 100 years old! This picture doesn't do the finished product justice but it looks great. There are 2 pieces of glass and 2 mats. I zoomed in a bit so you could see the beautiful handwork on her blouse. I just love her hair, the clothes and the way she is looking at my grandfather. I love old pictures but this one is so special because it is of my family and I knew my grandfather very well since he didn't pass away until I was about 25 years old. This picture is one of my most treasured posessions.
Well, I guess that's about it for today. I've walked a couple of times this week but didn't make it today. We are planning on going back to Lifepoint Church tomorrow so maybe I'll get my walk in after that. Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing and joyful Sunday. Kim

2 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Lovin' the framed pictures! I just finished the cherry blossoms and cannot wait to get those framed! Have a great week and I'll see you soon.

Unknown said...

I had so much fun going to Hobby Lobby with you. To say the least, it was a true learning experience:) Love you!!