Saturday, March 17, 2007

An afternoon of painting - Whoo-hoo!

I wasn't sure if I was going to go through with it at my hair appointment on Friday but I did! I decided to go back to brown after a couple of years as a blonde. It's hard to tell in this picture but I do have a lot of highlights. The dark blonde just had too much upkeep! I was meant to be a brunette anyway! We didn't have a great start to our day but it got better. When I got up this morning to let the dogs out, Cam could hardly move. His arthritis was really bothering him. He'd take a couple of steps and lie down. It was pitiful. I called the vet and they let us come right in. They put him on a joint supplement and Rimadyl for the pain and said he should start feeling better in a few days. I had 2 painting classes today. Here is my hibiscus. This was not the easiest piece I've ever done but aren't the colors beautiful? This was my second class, a seascape. It was really pretty easy and LOTS of fun. I've painted palm tress before so it wasn't too bad. However there were a lot of "elements" to this that you don't think about. We actually learned how to sponge on the background. You wouldn't believe all of the colors that are in the sky and the ocean. In between classes today I went to PetSmart and got Cam (and Jack) a new dog house to put right by the back door and an orthapedic bed to give Cam more cushion. Yes, I know he's a dog, but he's part of the family. He has given us so much joy over the last 10 years that we want to make him as comfortable as possible. I know we'll have another great message at church tomorrow so it'll be a good day! I guess I'll spend the rest of the day getting some things done around the house since I played most of the day today! :~) Hope you enjoy what's left of the weekend. ~Kim

3 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Kim,
Meant to tell you your hair looks so good and it has taken years off you - you look younger!
You did such an awesome job on your projects today! I hope you enjoyed them both. Thanks again for bringing me a much needed drink between classes.
Have a great week and I'll see you on Wednesday evening.

Unknown said...

Your paintings are so pretty:)

Stephanie said...

I love your hair... I don't care what hess says :-)

I am still so amazed at how good you have gotten at painting. You are a hero (yes, even my painting hero!)!