Friday, March 30, 2007

Busy Week...from Spring Fling to Friday Flowers...

Last Saturday we went to Bryant's school for his Spring Fling and I took this picture of Brook, Bryant & Alyssa. I thought it was cute. The weather was a little warm for March but it was beautiful and the kids had a great time. Well, I'm to "that age", approaching 50, where I have to start having "fun" tests done and this week I did what my doctor asked and had an EDG and Colonoscopy. Sounds fun, huh? Actually now that it's over, it wasn't too bad but nothing I'd like to repeat any time soon. The results were pretty good so I'm happy. Tracy and Judy gave me a sweet card and this beautiful hanging plant for enduring the tests. I have such GREAT friends! Thanks, girls! Today was our off-Friday. I usually like to sleep in but Tracy asked if I wanted to go to Ft. Valley to look at some plants with her. So, I said SURE! Patti and Lisa joined us and we spent a couple of hours out there. Though I know a LOT more about flowers than I did a few months ago before I started painting, I was overwhelmed with all of the different types. I bought four hanging baskets and a large dish garden with a variety of plants. They are all so pretty. I came home and did a few things in the yard & put out my new baskets. I cleaned the bathroom then rewarded myself by painting on my mailbox. Wayne spray painted it black not long ago but I wanted to add a little something to dress it up a bit so I painted what has become my favorite...cherry blossoms. The top part looks rusted but it's just the way the light is hitting it, I guess. Well, I'd better get some more things done around here. I'll post again later in the weekend if I have a chance. Hope you all have a GREAT weekend and enjoy this spring weather as much as I am!

2 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

OMGosh! I LOVE your mailbox front! Glad all your tests went well.
Sounds like you had a fun day off and I'm sure you were looking at all of those flowers saying "I can paint those"!
Have a great weekend and Fabulous Easter next week.
God Bless

Unknown said...

You are so festive!!