Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day!
~
"Greater love hath no man than this,that a man lay down his life for his friends."John 15:13
~
~ "Your silent tents of green
We deck with fragrant flowers;
Yours has the suffering been,
The memory shall be ours."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -
~
It has been a great weekend full of family activities, BBQing, swimming, and relaxing. I have lots to share with you so I hope you have time to visit for a while.
~
I hope you've not only enjoyed your long weekend but that you've taken time to proudly fly "Old Glory" and honor those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom with their lives.
~
Wayne and I wanted Bryant to understand that Memorial Day is not just a day off of work or school. He loves the Military Channel and it was a perfect way to explain the importance of Memorial Day to him.
~
Bryant helped Wayne put up the flag and explained to him why we did it and what it means...
~
Wayne also displayed the United States Marine Corps flag and medallion. Wayne, his Dad and brother Byron served in the US Marine Corps and
our son Rob, currently serves in the Air National Guard.
I had this picture made after Wayne's brother passed away last December.

Stephanie and I did some painting this weekend.

I painted 2 galvanized watering cans for Bryant's teachers.
Stephanie has been painting beautiful lighthouses/seascapes. She painted these 2 (different sizes) this weekend. They are so pretty and serene-looking.
I painted this plastic beverage container (Hibiscus on one side and palm tree on the other) for our friend Dee who graduated from Macon state a couple of weeks ago.
Stephanie painted this container (wine holder, vase, etc.) for Dee.
Though I'm not exactly thrilled to share these pics with me in them I thought the shots were too cute not to include.
~
Here's me with Jody. She's not really thrilled to be in the pool but she's a sweetheart. She got a nice warm bath when we finished.
Here are my silly children with their beverages. Ashley's is just for show so she wasn't left out!
Steph snapped this cute shot of Bryant at the edge of the pool.
Here is Jasmine LOVING getting splashed by Rob. She tries to EAT the water. It is so-o-o funny to watch here!
Here are Annie and Teddy relaxing on the swing (that needs to be recovered) hoping they are invisible so they won't have to join the family swim.
We decided to use this old plastic bin as a boat for the little doggies. Steph and I decided we needed to paint it like a boat!
Yes, if it is around the house, it eventually get painted!
Mimi and Bryant!
Wayne and Steph!
Kim and Steph!
Well, I guess that's about it.
We are going to New Mexico this week for our friend's wedding so I'll have lots to share when we get back.
Hugs to all ~ Kim

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well,I have had a great time with you guys this weekend. I was so glad that I painted something good! It has boosted my confidence and inspired me to continue painting and practicing. Rob asked me, "so if I stand still love enough am I going to get painted". Well, probably! I'm so glad that is something we can share together. I'm going to miss you when you guys go to New Mexico. I'll TRY to hold down the fort like you would! I love you!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

WOW! You and Stephanie sure have been creating beautiful things! When are you going to start selling them?? The pool pics are great ~ looks like you guys had a great day together. Have a safe trip to New Mexico and can't wait to see the pictures when you get back.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are so good:) I'm glad you went swimming with the kids, I know they had to have enjoyed it! Thank you so much for painting those gifts for Bryant's teachers...I know they will love them:) Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the pics of you guys. Thanks! I really like the way you carried the importance of memorial day. Good job you guys.