Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy, Happy Mother's Day!

We had a GREAT Mother's Day at the Thompson household. The only thing that would have made it perfect is if we had both of our mothers and my grandmother with us. We started our day off at church then all met at Sonny's for lunch since Ashley was working. Ashley and I made baskets of flowers (silk) for her to offer all of the mothers at her tables today. I thought that was such a sweet idea and I'm sure it helped her tips! :o) After lunch, while everyone was either napping or watching the race, I finished organizing my craft room enough that I could paint a little. I picked up these Cobalt Blue Vases at the Dollar Store last week and painted white scrollwork on them. They really came out pretty. The pictures don't do them justice.

I also painted these two bags to hold the vases to give to two of my favorite friends who are Moms, Renee' and Mrs. Alice. Stephie went with me to deliver them this afternoon.

Renee' was in the hospital last week with an awful virus. I wanted to go by to see her this weekend to check on her and thought I'd take her a little gift since it was such a special day. Mrs. Alice is the wonderful lady who has been my friend for over 20 years. She is like a Mama to me and was babysitter for the kids since Steph was 9 months old (now 22!). She cried when we stopped by today and said she also cried earlier in the week when she received the Mother's Day card and Mr. Henry's brithday card that I sent. Mr. Henry has suffered ill health for quite a while now. He fractured his back last week just putting on his sock. Poor things they are such sweet people and hold a special place in my heart.

My Wayne...
Here I am with our wonderful children, Stephanie, Rob & Ashley...Me with my Rob...

Me with my Stephie...

Me with my Ashley...
Me with my Stephanie & my Brian...
my Jessica...
Me with my Bryant...
Having our children with me was certainly all I wanted for Mother's Day but to top it all off I got LOTS of beautiful cards, a really neat heated foot massager (exactly what I asked for), a Wal-Mart gift certificate, cute little cactus from Bryant and two hand-painted pieces with pansies on them from my Stephie & Brian (see below).
~
Pansies are my favorite flower because of their meaning, "thinking of you". Per Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansy, the pansy gets its name from the French word pensée meaning "thought". It was so named because the flower resembles a human face and in August it nods forward as if deep in thought.
Aren't they just the cutest things????Stephanie had never painted pansies but knew I loved them. Thanks Sandy, for providing the worksheet for Steph. I was so surprised and I just LOVE them! (No, I didn't peek. I didn't want to spoil my surprise!)

Oh, I wanted to say that I added a site meter so I can see there are lots of people who visit my site. If you don't want to leave a comment that's okay. At least I know that people are visiting!

I'd like to end this post with a special request for prayer for my Dad.

He is having heart surgery tomorrow, Monday, May 14th.

Thank you and Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mother's visiting my post.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well, I'm glad you had a great mother's day. I know that we tried to make it very special for you, because you deserve nothing less. I am thrilled to pieces that you liked what I painted for you! Happy Mother's day and I love you. Yes, I will update SOON!

Sunshine said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Stephanie did a great job on the painted projects. Have a great week.

Stephanie said...

Thanks Nonie! That really means a lot to me :-)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Wow! I LOVE those blue vases and the scroll work painting on them is so elegant.
Stephanie did a beautiful job on the pansies and I knew you'd love them.
Lovely family! Glad to see you had a wonderful mother's day.
Prayers for your dad!! Thanks for the update.

Unknown said...

I am so glad that I got to spend Mother's Day with you. You are not only an incredible Mother but an incredible woman. I know you do a lot of stuff and never expect anything in return but I would really like to thank you for everything, especially the little things...those always seem to mean the most:) I love you dearly, as if you were my own mother.