I have so much to share from our trip to Albuquerque, NM that I'm going to post several pictures, in chronoligical order, over the next several days. First of all I painted like a CRAZY woman before I left trying to complete some wedding gifts for our friends in NM. I couldn't decide what to paint until 3 days before we left. I couldn't post the pictures of the pieces because our friends check the website and I didn't want to spoil the surprise!
~
Here are all of the gifts I painted and took to NM for our friends.
Here is a closeup of the welcome sign with Butterfly Bushes and Butterfly.
I wanted to paint something for Brian so I purchased these "Pub" glasses for him to enjoy his beer. I decided palm trees would be a bit more masculine. There are 2 palm trees on each glass.
Here is my favorite. I painted this glass pitcher and 4 goblets with peaches and peach blossoms to remind them of of their time in Georgia and their friends (us!) there. This one is with the flash...
and this one is without the flash.
After I got everything packed on Thursday we went to Bryant's Kindergarten graduation. He doesn't look real happy here but he did a great job and enjoyed having 7 "guests" present for his graduation.
Here is Bryant with his cousin, Alyssa.
Bryant, Mimi & Papa.
Ashley, Wayne and I stopped by BK for a quick lunch after graduation.
Then, Wayne and I left for the airport.
~
Once we arrived in NM I purchased this basket, ribbon, tissue paper and flowers and put all of the "goodies" in the basket to present to our friends. I was so thrilled when I opened the suitcase and everything made it without breaking. Also, this is the first glassware that I actually heat set (baked in the oven). I typically just let it stay on for 21 days because I'm afraid of the pieces cracking in the oven. I was very pleased with the outcome.
Here is Diana opening the gifts.
Brian and Diana with one of their gifts.
Brian, what are you looking at??? ;o)
God blessed us with some much needed rain in Georgia while we were in NM.
~
We missed our first Sunday at Lifepoint since we started going in February. However our family was well represented at church and we worshipped in NM. I worshipped while I painted Sunday morning. I am looking forward to Wednesday night (now today) worship. I will miss a much anticipated painting class (my favorite flower, pansies) but it seems like FOREVER since we were at church. Our last Financial Peace class was last week and we completed the Network (spiritual gifts) class as well.
Hope you all had a great week and please let me hear from
you through your comments. Hugs ~ Kim
4 comments:
Great job on the presents I am sure they will be enjoyed. I feel like I know you and your daughter from Sandy's posts and I have visited your blog before. Hopefully I will be able to post some pics.on mine soon.
Blessings,
Linda
You did a great job on all of your painted gifts:) Once again, you never cease to amaze! We are glad you are home:) Love you!!
You are such a cute MIMI!!! I am glad you got to go to NM. I know you needed some time away but we are glad you are back :)
Love you!
I'm so glad that they all made it without breaking! They are all beautiful and Im sure they were thrilled to receive something handmade by YOU!
Miss seeing ya at paint class ~ will see you soon though.
Post a Comment