I had my first (of 2 in June) class on Saturday and we painted a birdhouse on canvas. This is what it looked like when I left. (No, I didn't cut my hair...it was over 100 degrees here this weekend so it's just pulled back!)
I didn't have time to put a butterfly or bird on it so when I got home I started messing with it adding some red flowers, 2 hummingbirds and a butterfly. I made it WAY too busy but I had fun doing it. Here is what it looked like when I was finished.
Here's my big FAT hummingbird!
Isn't this the cutest little hummingbird? He is so tiny and perfect!
I couldn't really get a good shot of this one because the metallic paint reflected so much. It is wisteria and a hummingbird. It is really pretty.
Steph painted the remaining 3 signs. She did a great job!
Steph's sunflower - It's beautiful!
I think this is my favorite! It looks so fresh and bright!
Remember the vase my friend and coworker purchased for her Mom from a previous post? Here it is with the flowers she gave to her Mom. She said her Mom loved it! I'm so glad!
As I came in from the pool with my camera I decided to take a shot of General Lee. When I get him out of the cage and put him on top he likes to walk over and give me a kiss. I think he was more intrigued with my camera than giving me a kiss...see the next picture!


Be sure to check out Stephanie's blog to see her seascape.
~
Went back to Weight Watchers on Thursday. I've done really well and feel better. My BP was up last week so after going on another med I've gotten more motivation! I'm a lifetime member but the first time I joined, after child # 2 was born, I only had 13 lbs to lose and thought I was a cow. Oh well, sometimes we have to go through the struggle to really appreciate what is on the other side.
~
Keep checking back for updates on our painting. I'll be posting the progression of our 9 trees being removed when (if) they ever get finished. It's been pretty amazing! Hope you have a great week and I'll post more later...stay tuned! Hugs ~ Kim
7 comments:
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Your hummingbirds look awesome and so does the butterfly as well as all the other stuff you've been busy painting. Let me know if you need anything - tables, etc. for the craft fair. Can't wait to see what else you paint this week for it. Have a great day.
Kim,
Love that Butterfly!!! Now you have to teach me!!! And you can ask Sandy what a horrible student I am. (Throwing spitballs and disrupting the class.)
But this butterfly is gorgeous!!!
Keep it up!
AliceJ
Your hummingbirds are so cute! I think the painting of the birdhouse is my favorite out of everything so far. You are doing such an awesome job. I am excited to see how well you and Stepher do this weekend at your first art sale!! Love you:)
Congratulations on 29 years! I agree with you that your extras did make the painting look busy. The hummingbirds are beautiful. It looks like you have a variety to sell. Let me know how you do. Have a great day.
Congrats on 29 years of Marriage. What a blessing:-)
Hey Kim! Happy Anniversary. Wow, 29 years - that rocks! Mine and Don's Anniversary is tomorrow...8 years. We are still newlyweds huh? Loved the items you and Steph painted for the craft fair. You guys do such a great job and I am so proud of your motivation to continue to paint outside of class. I hope to get some painting done when I move, but it will be said to paint without Sandy and certainly without attending classes with you! Keep up the great work, and enjoy Sean Hannity. I am a huge fan myself. Fondly, Terry
Hello, I have wanted to call you, but I didn't have your cell number with me. I am stranded -- car broke down. I am at my in-laws. I can't access my e-mail address book. We are fine -- K and Ty are with me. D is at home with C and J. T is at camp. Did you get all that? Thinking of you.
T. Dum :-)
Post a Comment