Saturday, July 7, 2007

The last 2 weeks...

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I've posted. I spent all of last week preparing for the craft show in Macon and helping Wayne since he broke his left hand on Tuesday evening, 6/26. They were able to put him in a removable splint that he'll wear for 4-6 weeks. He goes back to the Orthopedic doctor on 7/20.
~
I know many of you check out Sandy's blog and have probably seen the photos she posted of us at the craft fair. ;o) Though they were "less than flattering" pics (her photography was GREAT but she didn't have much to work with) several of our friends and family let me know that they were thrilled to see the pics of us at the show. We was honored that she took the time to come to Macon to support us especially since she was leaving for vacation the next day. She also spoiled us, as usual, by bringing us some Beauty Control products for our hands. She's such a doll! Here are some pics of the things we painted before the sale.

We sold several personalized Welcome Signs, a few vases and MY BIRDHOUSE!!!!! It was hard to let my birdhouse go since I spent so many hours on it but it was a friend of Stephanie's that "adopted" it. We also got a few orders for custom Welcome Signs. We didn't get a picture of everything we personalized but here are 2 things we sold and personalized there.

I painted these two signs while we were at the craft show.
Stephanie has gotten several orders for canvases, welcome signs, & a birdbath (it'll be our first). We were surprised that several people asked us if we did wall murals. That is something that we haven't done yet but are interested in doing when we get a little more confident. I'd also like to thank Ashley, Brandon and Jessica for coming to see us and Rob and Heather coming and helping us pack everything up. We were so exhausted when we were finished I'm not sure Steph and I could have done it without Rob & Heather! We appreciate you!

~

Weight Watchers update...

Week 1 - 10.4 lost

(They made me weigh twice because they couldn't believe it!)

Week 2 - 3.4 lost

Total after 2 weeks - 13.8 lost!

~

I got 4 inches cut off my hair last week.

I'll leave the update on the trees for the next post.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

I need to add here that we lost a dear friend on Friday. Our facilities manager @ work and good friend, Clay Kirk, passed away suddenly of an apparent heart attack. It just won't be the same without him. His sweet wife, Tammy, and son, Clint, are in our prayers.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You and Stepher were so cute at your first art show! I am glad that I was able to stop by and see you two in action:) Love the haircut!!

Familien Monrad said...

Looks like your doing good :-)...
Thak you for the coments - I might just write something in English next time I update my blog.
Have a great summer - I'll be on the blog when the baby arrives.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Great pics of your work! I'm so glad I was able to come and see you guys at your first craft fair!
You'll be painting those murals before you know it.
Congratulations for getting out there and sharing your ART with people.
Have a blessed week and I'll see you soon.

Linda said...

Great job at the craft fair. A big congrats on the weight loss and I love the new hair cut.
I'm also sorry about the loss of your friend.
Blessings

Alice J said...

Kim,
Sorry I missed the art show! I have had so much going on that I completely forgot. I know you will have another one soon. Looks like you had some wonderful items there.
Hope to see you at class sometime.
AliceJ

Terry Richey said...

Kim, your such a beautiful person and you look GREAT! I am so proud (and envious) of your weight loss. Good for you! You and Stephanie are really going to do terrific at the craft fairs. I just love all the stuff you painted. You are inspiring me to get busy myself! I will stay in touch via your blog. Keep up the good work on your health and your art!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Completely forgot to mention how AWESOME you are doing with WW!!! I go on Friday and will hopefully be down this week after 8 days of vacation. ALSO, forgot to mention how beautiful your new haircut is! TOO CUTE. Looking forward to seeing you soon.