Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day Celebration 2007...

Here is the second post for the day...
~
Let me add here that our upstairs air conditioner went out of Thursday night. We were able to get the repair company out here on Friday afternoon, however it was the compressor and it didn't get fixed until TODAY! Yes, that is 5.5 days and 5 nights without air in Georgia in June! Monday it was 97 degrees and nearly that inside as well. It has been miserable. I guess we are just spoiled!
~
I'd like to wish all of the Daddies out there a belated but heartfelt Happy Father's Day. We had a great day here, although, as I said in an earlier post, we missed Wayne's Dad and Brother. We started the day off in the most wonderful way imaginable ~ we worshipped! Oh boy did we worship!!!! Stephanie & Brian and Rob & Heather joined Wayne and I at church. :o) Ashley had to work :o( and we'll just say that Brandon didn't make it. ;o) It was the most awesome message. I wish all of our children, family and friends could have been there. The message revolved around Psalm 139:1-18. Brother Joe reminded us that we are each a special, unique creation by God. He reminded us that when we want to be an inch taller or have blue eyes instead of brown we diminish the value of God's creation. He made us the way we are for a reason and we should glorify Him by loving ourselves as He made us. He brought to light that God knows our thoughts before we speak them therefore He knows our prayers before we pray them. He challenged us to make quiet time to pray each day and instead of talking to God, listen to Him. He already knows what we are going to pray so just be still, and listen to God. He added that of course we need to continue to pray but not to forget to listen to God also. At the end of the service Gwen handed out the printed scripture verses on colored card stock paper. Wayne asked me to put ribbon on his so he can hang it from the rear-view mirror in his truck. I thought it was such a good idea that I did it to all of the copies we received for each family member. I bet I've heard Wayne explain the message to others about 5-6 times since Sunday.
Since Ashley had to work and Brian & Heather needed to visit their Dads too we decided to meet back at our house for a BBQ & family swim late that afternoon. After we ate (great BBQing Wayne!) we had Wayne open his gifts. I gave him a manual "reel mower" that he asked for. Talk about a workout! WOW!
~
Bryant and Jessica gave Papa this t-shirt. He LOVED it!!!
Ashley and Brandon gave him this FUNNY Homer Simpson talking figure. My favorite saying on there is,"Red light turn green! Red light turn green! N-n-n-n-n-o-w. (Pause) N-n-n-n-n-o-w. (Pause) N-n-n-n-n-o-w. (Pause) IT WORKED!" They also gave him a gun cleaning kit in a nice wooden box and a slingshot, which he asked for. Rob and Heather gave Wayne this REALLY cute frame with a picture of a VERY young Wayne in his USMC dress uniform with Rob @ 3 weeks old and a beautiful baby blue IZOD polo-style shirt.

Steph and Brian gave Wayne this cute t-shirt and a yellow striped soft polo-style shirt.

It was so-o-o-o-o-o hot in the house we went straight out to the pool after Wayne opened his gifts. We were in there until our skin pruned! Here are some cute shots I took at the pool with the kids. All 6 of the kids with Jasmine in her "boat" in the background!

Rob & Heather

Steph and Brian

Ashley and Brandon

Brandon and Brian hangin' out at the diving board.

The following are shots from the goober Olympics held in our pool each time we get together!

First we have, Brandon the flying squirrel...

Dancing Brandon...

Sitting Rob...

Hangin' Wayne...

Brian also dove off the board a few times. Here he is "saving" Jasmine who had just jumped from her boat in the deep end.

Jody may be an inside dog and a bit of a Diva, but she sure does love to be outside with us at the pool. She doesn't necessarily like to get in further than the top step but loves to be right beside us while we are in there.

Captain Jasmine commanding her ship, I mean float! She is so funny in the pool. She LOVES it!

And then there's Annie...

...and Teddy. They HATE the water. We like to take them in with us to remind them how to get out, at the steps, in case they fall in the pool. However, they are not real happy about it!

Is it obvious?!?! ;o)

And then there is faithful Jack. Wayne fell on Saturday and Jack is licking his wound. He follows Wayne everywhere. I didn't get any shots of Cam this time. I'll have to take double of him next family swim...July 4th!

Well I guess that sums up the day. Take care and I'll post again this weekend or sooner. Hugs to all and try to stay cool in this unbelievable heat! FYI - half of the 9 (added one to the original plan of 8) pine trees have come down. I'm hoping they'll finish by the end of the week. I'll post a before and after picture.

Hugs ~ Kim

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love the pictures Mimi!! I had such a good time on Sunday! I'm glad Wayne enjoyed it as much as we did. Thank you so much for being so wonderful! I love you!

Unknown said...

My poor Teddy!!! Now I know what happens to him when I'm not there:) lol Great pictures Mimi!

Stephanie said...

Those are such good pictures. I'm so glad that you and I both are picture fanatics. Now, I must say that teddy looks pitiful. I know that is just the way he is, but bless his heart! I had a really good time painting with you today and look forward to some SERIOUS painting the rest of the week! Love you!