Thursday, June 14, 2007

Creative Week...

I've been somewhat creative this week. I've painted some more welcome (name) signs for some kids, a fish cup for Bryant and a "Peachy" ornament.
~
I was experimenting on plastic glasses. However, I used regular acrylic paint so I don't believe it is going to stay unless I seal it. But, I'm a little concerned about it being a drinking glass with sealer on it. I think I can seal it and not bring it all the way up to the rim. I have lots of plastic that I want to paint on so I caved in and ordered the plastic paint along with the primer and the sealer. Hopefully I will have good results with that. Both of these fish were in one of Donna Dewberry's books. Aren't they cute? I just LOVE this blow fish. (S)he has so much character!
Of course I had to personalize it for him.I just love doing the butterfly bush and butterflies on these welcome signs for little girls. They love them too!
I just kept adding little things to this one. Not only 2 butterflies but a bumble bee and a little lady bug on the 3rd "a".
This one is a little bit of a departure from my norm. I wanted to do a sign for a boy but knew he didn't want flowers. I wasn't sure what he liked but wanted to make it colorful. I found this parrot in one of Donna's books and decided to go for it. I didn't even practice first. I just followed Donna's instructions and painted it right on the sign. For all of you Folk Art paint users, I also tried something different with the leaves. I used "Soft Apple" instead of "bayberry" (ran out of it!) or a yellow tone with the "Thicket". I really liked the result. This picture is with a flash...
This picture if without a flash. The actual colors are in between the 2 pics. I just LOVE the parrot and think I'll be painting a LOT more of them!
Here is the "Peachy" ornament I painted. I got a box of clear glass ornaments before Christmas to paint but never got to it.
Stephanie and I are thinking about setting up a booth at a couple of craft shows to see how we do. We'll have to paint like crazy before then but I'd like to start making a little money to support my HABIT!
~
Once again, I need to say thank you to my WONDERFUL One Stroke Painting Instructor, Sandy.
None of this would have been possible without her!
I believe I've taken 21 wonderful classes with Sandy.
I know, WOW! Let me say that again . . . W-O-O-O-O-W!
Unfortunately I am only able to take 2 classes in June but I am hoping to take 5 or 6 classes in July. I can't wait for Sandy to return from the OS Convention to hear all about it. I'm going next year!!!!!
Hugs to all ~ Kim

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are such great gift ideas! I can't wait until Christmas to see what painted items Santa puts under the tree for me!!:) Love ya!!

Linda said...

Those are great Kim. I love the personalized cup with the fish. You are very talented and I have to agree with you, Sandy does do a great job teaching. Your work is proof of that.
Blessings,
Linda

Terry Richey said...

Kim - you are doing some awesome painting projects!! Convention was so much fun and I hope you get to go next year. I miss seeing you in class and hope to see you before I move to Pittsburgh next month. There is a one-stroke certification in Pittsburgh August 21-24. You are welcome to stay with me in my new home and get certifed if you like. I have found some pretty cheap airline prices from Atlanta to Pittsburgh. I would be delighted to have you! Keep up the great painting! Hasn't God blessed us with bringing Sandy into our lives? Hope to see you soon, Terry

Sandy McTier Designs said...

You guys are too sweet!
All of your pieces are gorgeous! I hope you and Steph do really well at the craft fair. I learned a lot about doing those while at Convention and will share all that info with you as well when I see you. Looking forward to having you in class soon.