Sunday, August 5, 2007

High School...wow....how long ago was that???

We are back from vacation to Tennessee and had a FANTASTIC time. No energy to post about the wonderful time we had in Tennessee along with the tons of pictures that I took, but I will in the next day or so. In the mean time to update my blog I'm going to post my High School Questionaire from Sandy's post. I even added some old pictures from high school to give you a laugh or two. Let me know what you think!
Julie over at EQUUS VILLA had this on her blog and well, I'm just following instructions since I read it. Hope you'll join in the fun!HIGH SCHOOL QUESTIONAIRE ~Everyone who reads this is officially tagged and hope you'll post your answers on your blog ~ let me know if you do so that I can come over and check out your answers.
1. Who was your best friend? Gina Mascirella, who was a bridesmaid in our wedding and came to visit Wayne and I when he was stationed in Aurora, CO after we got married. Unfortunately she passed away of bone cancer in 2000. I was devastated!
2. Did you play any sports? Well, I did Intramural Volleyball and some running. But I was in band (Flag captain) and for anyone who has ever been in band...it IS a sport!
3. What kind of car did you drive? I rode with Wayne and friends. I bought a 1976 Chevy Chevette for $2,800 about 6 months after I graduated.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? I was at a Football Game or band competition. If there wasn't either of those I was with Wayne if it was a weekend I was at my Mom's house.
5. Were you a party animal? Absolutely not! I was a goodie-2-shoes! Toilet papering was about as wild as I got!
6. Were you considered a flirt? Yeah, I guess I probably was. I had WAY more "Boy" friends than "Girl" friends.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Band as a "Flagette" (no instrumental musical ability at all)
8. Were you a nerd? No. Our school had an AWESOME band so you were really cool if you were in the band (BAD football team)
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? Oh my gosh...NEVER!
10. Can you sing the fight song? Ah-h-h-h-h, probably not without some help!
11. Who was your favorite teacher(s)? Mr. Baker, Band & Mr. Stamos, 10th grade Biology
12. What was your school mascot? Eagles
13. Did you go to the Prom? Yes, 11th & 12th grade with the same date - :o)
14. If you could go back, would you? I had a ball in high school but NO THANK YOU!
15. What do you remember most about graduation? I wore a yellow dress and knew that I was going to live with my Mom after graduation.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? I don't think we had that WAY BACK THEN!
17. Did you have a job your senior year? No, except for the occasional babysitting job. I wasn't allowed.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? The lunch room or outside.
19. Have you gained weight since then? Ah-h-h, ABSOLUTELY! Hasn't everyone? However, I'm working on taking it off!
20. What did you do after graduation? I remember that I graduated on June 12th, but I have no idea what I did. It obviously wasn't too exciting!
21. What year did you graduate? 1976
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Wayne (my husband since 1978)
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? Yes. Wayne graduated in 1975 and we have attended both of our 10th, 20th and his 30th. My class didn't have a 30th reunion. Ouch! Where has the time gone?!?! (FYI - OUr son had his 10th reunion this year!)
Hope your visit provided a few chuckles! Hugs ~ Kim

6 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Kim, This was fun to read and you are right we do have a lot in common. I twirled flags like those as well. I love the picture of the kids on your header.:)
Blessings

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Love the new header and the videos on the side are fabulous!
Fun reading through and seeing pictures of you (you are braver than I) of your high school days.

Have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

WOW those videos were amazing! Hearing a girl that small quoting all of Psalm 23 kinda puts things in perspective! Love you!!

Terry Richey said...

Loved your high school questionaire and the pictures were so much fun to see! I stopped by because it is Thursday night and I was checking on your weigh in..how did it go? I am very inspired by your faith (love your videos) and by your willpower that makes you committed to yourself and your goals. Painted anything lately? Would love to see more of your work!

Sunshine said...

I learned a little more about you. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I loved seeing all of your memories from high school. I think it is so great that you are still with your high school sweetheart:)