Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy 50th, Wayne!

Well, after about 10 days of celebration, Wayne's 50th b-day has almost come to an end. Late last night I remembered that I needed to make Wayne his annual German Chocolate Cake to take to work. Of course, when I went to Wal-Mart on Sunday I forgot to pick up what I needed for the cake. So, I made the trek to the store got the stuff for the cake, and other things, and made his cake. Rob and Heather stopped by work today after Rob's eye appointment which was a real treat. They got there just in time for cake and ice cream. The kids all came over tonight and we ate pizza and Wayne opened gifts from Ashley and Brandon and me. Steph and Rob gave him their gifts at his party.
~ No, Ashley and Brandon did not give him a box of Goldfish. They didn't have a gift bag so Brandon decided to take the crackers out of the box and use it as a "gift bag". I've got to say, I don't know that I would have thought about doing that!
Inside the box was the movie that came out today, "300". We've not seen it but from what I've heard it was great and the type of movie Wayne LOVES! This is "Betty". No, we don't have 7 dogs now. This is Brandon's new puppy to keep Rocco company. She's got the cutest face and is so laid back. I had this really cool frame made for Wayne from the Personalization Mall (PM) and put a picture of the fam from his surprise party in it. Wayne doesn't wear a watch but has always been intrigued by pocket watches. His Dad had one that he admired. Wayne and I are both pretty sentimental and I wanted him to have some type of keepsake from this milestone. So I ordered this pocket watch from the Personalization Mall as well and had it engraved for him. On the front are his initials, "BWT". Engraved inside of the pocket watch, "Wayne, Happy 50th! May you be reminded of my love with each glance. Genesis 31:49 XXOO Kim/Mimi

In the beginning of this post I said his b-day celebration is almost over. To finish up the celebration we are leaving for Tennessee on Thursday to see some dear friends and see some Civil War sites. I'm sure I'll have LOTS of fun stories and pictures to post when we return.

Hugs ~ Kim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe Papa is 50 especially the way he acts with Bryant...it's so hard to tell which one is the kid:)