Monday, July 9, 2007

Tough Day, Trees & Life's Journey

It was a tough day today. I attended 2 funerals. I've attended many funerals in my life but I don't believe I've ever attended 2 on the same day. A dear friend's mother passed away after a long battle with cancer. Our friend, her son, wrote a beautiful tribute to her and read it at the funeral. After he buried his Mama this morning, he attended Clay's funeral this afternoon. Both services were honorable tributes to these 2 wonderful people that we lost. Both families will be in our prayers for their healing and peace. ~
As promised here are pictures of our tree removal that took WAY longer than anticipated. I've been putting off posting these because I wanted to take a picture of the area after the trees were removed. However, the only time I can remember is late at night when it's dark! So, I just took a couple and you'll have to use your imagination.
This is what it looked like, from 2 different angles, before the 8 trees were removed. (The 9th tree is on the other side of the yard.)
Here is one of the trees that was already topped and I snapped the pic just as it was starting to fall.

To give you an idea of how high up this guy is, look closely in this next picture to see if you can find him. We decided this is not a career we are going to try late in life! I think you have to be crazy to do this...or at least it helps!

W & B camped out in the front yard (out of harms way) to watch the trees come down. W is explaining something to B but I'm not sure he's paying attention.

Here are the after pics I took tonight. I tried to lighten them some so the quality isn't as good but I think you can see well enough. We have some work to do in the azalea bed...well W does because I am deathly allergic to poison ivy, oak, etc. and that bed is loaded with it.

W is so meticulous about his lawn. If you go back to the before picture it shows how beautiful the lawn was before we started. However, this is what it looks like now. You can even see the log marks where they were on the grass for so long. Once his hand heals I have no doubts that it'll look beautiful once again!

Well, we're off to the Freedom Concert tomorrow. I don't know who is more excited W or B!?! I hope to take lots of pictures and share with you when we return.

~

I know this is a pretty long post but I can't finish before saying we continue to be blessed by our church, Lifepoint. Our message on Sunday was about Life's Journey. Brother Joe encouraged us to go where God leads us. We think we have our lives all mapped out and planned but it's typically what we want and we miss tremendous blessings doing it our way. If we only trust more our journey would be GREAT!

Thank you all for your GREAT comments on my last post. It really inspires me when you leave comments. Thank you and I can't wait to share my pics from the Freedom Concert in a few days!

2 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

WOW! Those trees were tall! Hope W's hand is doing better.
have a blessed day and I'm looking forward to seeing you next week ~ can't wait for you to see the project ~ one of my all time favorites so far!!

Unknown said...

That picture of Bryant and Papa is too cute! Those two are so funny together:) lol Love ya!!