Thursday, July 12, 2007

Trip to Atlanta - Post # 1 Freedom Concert 7/10/07

LET FREEDOM RING!
The Freedom Concert was AWESOME!!!! After I purchased the FC tickets for W & I we decided it would be fun to take B to expose him to, lack of a better term, "Patriotism on Steroids". The concert was WELL worth every penny and then some. Our seats were INCREDIBLE. We couldn't have picked better seats if we would have had our choice of all 13,000! No, we weren't on the front row but we were right next to where all of the celebrities entered. W was next to the rail and he could have literally reached out and touched them they were so close. The set up for the radio broadcast was right there too. It was so GREAT! ~
I took 350+ pictures in about 24 hours. I'm going to have to post in groups again since there is so much to share. After the concert, we spent the night in Atlanta and went to the Cyclorama, CNN Center, GA Aquarium and the Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant (W's favorite) for dinner in Marietta. After we got home B & I went to Perry to Brandon's for his 22nd b-day celebration. W was too tired after walking and driving all day. Anyway, sit back and relax and enjoy
When we walked into the Gwinnett Center the first celebrity we saw was Ollie North who signed books and greeted the patrons of the concert. He was quite gracious!

It was a sold-out PACKED arena.

Sean Hannity, Talk Radio Show Host who partnered with Ollie North to organize these concerts to support the Freedom Alliance Fund that supports children of fallen soldiers with their education expenses, is a GREAT AMERICAN!

Honor Guard

Avalon performing our National Anthem

George W. Bush & Hillary Clinton look-alikes who did a pretty hysterical skit.

Here is a close-up of "The Pres" that shows how much he looks like GWB.

Lee Greenwood, who just performed locally for our local Independence Day Celebration, also appeared at the Freedom Concert. An awesome and patriotic performance as always!

All of these pictures were taken from our seats but I used my zoom on the others. I wanted to get the crowd waving their flags.

It was a beautiful site as all of the American Flags came out when Lee performed "I'm Proud to be an American".

Newt Gingrich

Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White right next to our seats.

I couldn't get a clear pictures of Larry so here is his image on the screen as he entertained us by being funny, as usual, yet as he closed he showed a very patriotic and sensitive side. It was great.

Another screen image - Ron White, which is one of Wayne's favorites. He didn't perform long but also gave a memorable performance full of gratutude and patriotism.

Sean Hannity, Neal Bortz & Clark Howard ~ Sean and Neal and the 750 Radio Guy (can't remember his name) as they got ready to sing "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" with The Charlie Daniels Band.

Charlie Daniels - He and his band were GREAT. He put on quite a show. This is especially amazing because he is 70 years old! Charlie has apparently put out a few gospel albums and he sung his favorite hymn as well as mine, "How Great Thou Art". W told me after we got home that listening to Charlie's rendition of that beloved hymn was a life moment for him. It reminded him of his Daddy singing hymns at church and special events.

I was so impressed with Ollie North. He is so passionate about his love for America and his support for the troops. He got choked up a couple of times as he spoke about their sacrifices.

We had a real treat as they showed a live satellite feed of 4 soldiers currently serving in IRAQ. Some of their family members were at the concert but didn't know they were going to have the live feed. It was such a heart moment.

Rick & Bubba - couldn't get a clear shot of them either.

Suzanne Carpenter Montgomery & Gentry right by our seats
Montgomery NEVER stops. He's a real showman. He stepped off the stage (accidentally) and fell after the first song. He dusted himself off and got right back up there and kept on. I know he had to be hurting the next morning!
MG & Sean
MG & Sean saying goodnight as all of the American flags waved.

Outside of the concert. B was certainly a good boy. He got a little bored when the politicians were talking but was ready to recite the names and positions of several offices of our government if he was asked to do so.

Self portrait of W, B & I. It sure was a GREAT night!

Gotta go so I can get in bed. I'm still pretty exhausted. Stay tuned for the next post, probably Saturday. Hugs to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad yall had a good time and are back safely!! The pictures are so good! I can't wait to see more. Love you Mimi!!

Unknown said...

Papa drew me a chart of the seats yesterday...it was so funny he watched what was going on below him more than the stage! I am so glad Bryant got to have Mimi and Papa time:) Love you!!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

WOW! Wonderful pics - looks like you all had a wonderful time! Cannot wait to see the rest of your pictures from concert.
Looking forward to seeing your SKINNY self next week!
Keep it up! You are ROCKIN!

Linda said...

What a great time you must have had. The pictures were wonderful and certainly people I would love to see. Looking forward to the next set of pictures.
Blessings