Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We miss you Dad and Byron!

I have a lot of pictures to post from a wonderful father's day with all of the kids as well as lots of things Stephanie and I have been painting, but no time right now. Our air conditioner quit working on Thursday night and still is not fixed. I believe someone said it was 97 degrees here yesterday. In the meantime we are having 8 pine trees removed from our front yard. Between dealing with both of these contractors it's been a little stressful to keep them on task!
~
Though I don't have time to download any pictures I didn't want this day to go by without writing in memory of my precious father-in-law. He passed away 2 years ago today which in 2005 fell on Father's Day. Ironically, his father passed away on Father's Day in 1976 as well. Understandably, though Wayne loves Father's Day, he does get a little nervous! Today also marks 6 months since Wayne lost his 46-year-old brother to a sudden heart attack. We miss them both dearly but are so blessed to be in the same family. We wouldn't be the people we are today if we wouldn't have had these 2 fine men in our lives. Please take a few minutes and click on the two "memory of" links to the right to see pictures and read about our precious departed loved ones.
~
Wayne's Mama was so strong and so devoted while Dad was sick and she has done a fantastic job since his passing as well. They were married just short of 51 years and losing him was like losing part of her. She's always been a rock for our family and continues to be so.
~
Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to comfort us in our grief and for the promise that we will be reunited in heaven someday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still hold the spot in my heart as the most impressive person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. You amaze me. You always manage to think of others before yourself, even those that have passed. I pray that I live with at least half the compassion and love that you exhibit. You are so special Mimi! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see those pictures! I had such a good time with yall on Sunday! I love you Mimi!!

Unknown said...

Along with Granddaddy and Byron, Papa is also an amazing man. He has been such a blessing to Bryant and me. I don't know what I would do without him. He is not only "Coach Grandpa" but also and most importantly a role model in Bryant's life. We love the both of you so much:)