Friday, June 8, 2007

Trip to Albuquerque - Part 2 - The Wedding

Well, here I am again with some more pictures from our Albuquerque, NM trip. This post will mainly be about the wedding. Brian and Diana were married in the garden of a lovely Bed and Breakfast called Hacienda de Colores. It had a beautiful pool with lots of water lillies. I'm taking a class with Sandy in July and we will paint water lillies. Isn't this one pretty?
Here is the garden set up for the wedding. The ceremony started at 2:00 p.m. and it got a little warm but was perfect in the shade. The minister was very ill the night before the wedding but suffered through the ceremony. Her fever broke during the vows and she felt very light-headed. We weren't sure she was going to make it but it was short and sweet and she did fine. Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Brian Liddle :o)
Here is Wayne having a Lawrence Welk moment!
The cake was beautiful! However, it got so warm that the beautiful porcelain cake topper had slipped off the melted buttercream icing. So they had to do a quick repair before cutting the cake . Due to a little mix up with the wedding coordinator at the B&B there was no one to cut the cake. So, since I was the official cake cutter at Jacqueline's wedding in March, I stepped in and cut and served like a pro with a little help from one of Brian's coworkers.
Mr. Cool, Brian Liddle, and his lovely bride, Diana
Wayne and I jumped in this picture with the newlyweds. Can you believe our wedding day was 29 years ago this month?!?! Next post I will show you some beautiful landscape photos that I took in NM. The "teaser" photo is at the top of this post in my header. It was taken from the Sky Tram in the mountains.
~
This is a gorgeous canvas that Stephanie painted the night before we left for NM while I was painting the wedding gifts.
We had played around with the background a couple of weeks ago but weren't sure what we'd paint on it.
She had a good friend leave work for another career and decided to paint this for her as a going away gift.
I taught her how to paint "shadow" leaves and I think it came out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
GREAT JOB STEPHER!
By the way, we had our Night of Worship @ Lifepoint on Wednesday (first Wednesday of the month). It was wonderful, as always. Of course Stephanie & Brian joined Wayne and I but we were also glad to have
Rob and Heather with us.
~
Rob has a VERY big career decision to make in the next few days after receiving a job offer from a company in Atlanta. It would meant a HUGE pay increase but he would have to move away from his family and friends and he really doesn't want to do that. We hate to see him move but know it's a great opportunity for him. We will all support him regardless of what he decides. We're all praying about it and I know he'll allow God to lead him and follow his heart.
~
I'll leave this post here for a couple of days then show you my landscape photos. Hugs ~ Kim

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You really need to go into the photography business:)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Beautiful HEADER picture ~ can't wait to see the others. The wedding pictures are beautiful and HAPPY.
I've saved the water lillies for some inspiration for class! Thank you. Have a great weekend.
Wish you were going with us next week to convention ~ maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! I really enjoyed church! God is so awesome!! And btw...Im so happy that Rob is staying!!!:)