Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Painting Like CRAZY!!!!

I have so much to post. Go get yourself a nice cup of hot coffee if it's morning or a nice cold drink if it's as hot where you are as we are in Georgia and enjoy the pictures and posts. I'm going to break this down into 2 posts. This one will be about painting and the next one will be all about Father's Day!
~
Stephanie and I have decided to participate in a charity arts and crafts festival in the parking lot of the Zebulon Rd. Kroger from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 30th. So, we are painting like crazy to get some things ready. Stephanie signed us up and said the booth (or in this case, parking spaces) rent goes to charity. I believe she said it is for the Children's Miracle Network (I think). I took this first piece to work today to show my coworkers and one of the ladies said she'd love to buy it to give to her Mom (filled with flowers, of course) for her birthday tomorrow. I was thrilled to share my art and know it would go to her Mom.
Here is our favorite thing to paint ~ Welcome signs. We thought we'd personalize these while our customers wait with either their name or house number. Hibiscus is one of my favorite things to paint! This large beautiful vase is not for sale. The glass vase was given to me by our youngest daughter for Mother's Day and was filled with beautiful fresh cut flowers that lasted 2 weeks! I painted these purple flowers on the vase for future bouquets. ;o) Stephie painted this cute casserole dish. It is so-o-o-o pretty! Here is the top of the casserole dish.A friend from work gave me some cute little pots she was going to get rid of and I painted flowers on this little one.
I painted my first Magnolias on this pretty vase. I thought they came out pretty good for my first try.
Steph and I are trying out different backgrounds on our welcome signs. Here are 2 that we've been working on.
Bryant was so cute when he saw this camo sign. He said, "Mimi you did so good! It looks just like Deer Huntin'! Is it for me? Are you gonna paint a deer on it for me?" He said all of that in about 3.4 seconds! It was so cute! Of course now, I have to figure out how to paint a deer for my little dear.
Well, that's all for now. I'll update as I have a chance. Hugs ~ Kim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everything is so beautiful!! I don't know which is my favorite. Stepher did an awesome job on the casserole dish...I am very impressed!! I have to say, watching the two of you downstairs painting is so cute especially when you have the DVD on painting playing in the backgroud!!:) Love you both!! Once again, GREAT JOB!!