Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy 23rd Birthday to my Precious Angel, Stephanie!

If you have more than one child I'm sure you've probably told someone how different they are. Our three children are no exception. They all have their strengths and weaknesses but they are all loving, kind, responsible, generous, respectful, passionate, caring and spiritual. They are also good friends who support each other and will drop everything to go to the aid of the other. I am so proud, as is their Dad, of the adults our children have become.
Today, I want to tell you about our Stephanie. She turned 23 today. If you've ever met Steph you know that she has a contagious smile and laugh. She, along with our other children are a joy. I'd like to share a few pictures that I happened to have scanned for Wayne's 50th b-day album.
~

Stephanie LOVED powder. She often got in trouble for playing in the powder. So, when I went to check on her because she had been way too quiet she said, "I not playin' in the powder, Mommy!" I had to contain my laughter long enough to run and get the camera because she was COVERED in powder!
Stephanie also LOVED to pose for the camera. She always had the cutest expressions and biggest dimples.
Steph LOVES her immediate family as well as her extended family. Here is Steph with Ashley, her baby sister, Grandpa Joe whom we miss dearly and "us" with my Mom and Grandmother.
Steph played clarinet in middle school and continiued in the marching band at her high school. She wasn't sure she wanted to be in the marching band but I asked her to give it a try and it became her passion! After her first year in marching band she knew she wanted to be drum major and lead the band. She tried out 2 years in a row and was not chosen either time. She showed great character by accepting it and just trying harder her 3rd and final try for her senior year. I can still remember getting the phone call from her letting me know she made drum major and me screaming and responding, "We made it!" She was an awesome DM and set a wonderful example. Ashley joined the marching band as a 9th grader playing the alto sax and it was a real joy watching Stephanie lead the band and her little sister following in her steps.
Steph is also an incredible friend. She is the one everyone calls when they need someone or just want to go have a good time. We've always said if the wheels are rolling, Steph wants to be there.
As I'm sure you konw, just about everyone calls me Mimi. Wayne calls Steph, Mimi-Jr. We are very much alike and often finish each other's sentences. We like a lot of the same things and have so much fun together. We can talk each other into the craziest projects but ALWAYS have a good time doing them. Steph is not only my daughter but my treasured friend. Having 3 wonderful children is yet another example of my "blessed life" and moments spent with them, their significant others and close friends (whom I also include as our children) are more often than not, "breathless".
Hope you had a wonderful day, my precious angel! Love you, Mimi XXOO

5 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

How sweet! Stephanie is so incredibly sweet and I can attest to the Mimi JR nickname!!!
I'm so glad that you've introduced me to your incredible family and that you and Steph come and enjoy paint class and then continue to get together and paint together!!!
I'm blessed to call both of you my FRIENDS!

Unknown said...

That was such a great blog, Mimi! Stepher is such an amazing person that is very deserving of the nickname Mimi Jr. I still can't believe she is 23!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! when I got on here today that was the last thing I expected. i don't know why I didn't expect that from such an amazing person like my mother, but I must say that I am blessed. You are right when you talk about how much I love my family. They are the most important things in my life and will come before anything else. Thank you so much and I love you guys with all my heart!!!!! I know that I have already said this, but I'm blessed.
Stepher!!!

Sunshine said...

How sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Stephanine. Hope it was a good one. What a beautiful young lady.
Blessings,
Linda