Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wow! Has it really been a month since my last post?!?

I have a lot to post but am too tired to get completely caught up. However, I just can't let another day go by without thanking my wonderful friend, Sandy for my b-day present! I LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it! She knows that Pansies are my favorite! Did you know that most flowers have a meaning and the Pansy means,
"I'm thinking about you!"

I also purchased a beautiful table and 4 matching chairs from a friend. They wanted to get rid of it quickly because they were getting new furniture so they sold it to me for $100! Isn't it gorgeous????? It is the perfect place for my message tile from Sandy! :o)

How cute is this welcome sign we painted in class a few weeks ago? I just LOVE it! It was one of my favorite projects out of the 40 or so classes I've taken from Sandy! She actually cut the letters out on her new Cricut machine. However, I spray everything with acrylic sealer and the letters didn't like it at all. They curled up and flipped like a bug just been hit by insecticide! So, I peeled them all off then painted where the letters were.

I've also done quite a bit of fall decorating so I'll try to update with pics soon. Leave me comments so I know you forgive me for being gone so long!!!! Hugs ~ Kim

7 comments:

Alice J said...

Kim,
Naughty girl! But I forgive you. Are you planning on going to Orlando, FL to get certified for O.S.C.I.? The price for the class is $495 and after the first of the year it goes up to $519.
I don't know if you are even interested. But thought I would let you know.
I plan on going down Nov 26-30,2007 with my husband.
Didn't you just love that "Welcome" sign. And it was so easy. That's what amazes me about the One Stroke classes so far. I might not say that after certification class. (he He!)
Keep up the good work! God has given you quite a talent. Maybe one day I will TRY to paint a picture of Him.
God Bless,
AliceJ

Kim said...

Hey Alice, Yes, I do want to get certified, but it isn't going to be this year. I just don't have enough vacation from work so hopefully I can work it in next year! Thanks and good luck! Kim

Terry Richey said...

Hey Girl...I wondered what was going on with you. I know things happen in life and we get busy. Glad to know your okay and getting back in the swing of blogging! Love your new table and chairs, and you sure can't beat that price.

Sunshine said...

Everything is wonderful: the table and chairs, the gift from Sandy, and the welcome sign. You and I will have to paint together when I make it your way. Love you.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Love that table and chairs - what an awesome deal! Love your new header on your blog as well - That sure was a fun class and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Linda said...

Hey girl, I have not been by in a while but glad to see you are doing well. Love the pumpkin welcome sign and your new table and chairs.
Blessings

Unknown said...

I have to say that the most impressive thing is that your table still looks like it did in the picture! Good job, Mimi!! Love you