Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy (belated) 87th Birthday, Memomer!

As usual, I'm running a little behind in my posting. A VERY SPECIAL person in my life celebrated her 87th birthday on Friday, 10/26. Happy Birthday to my maternal Grandmother whom I, as the first grandchild, lovingly named, "Memomer". Now the story goes that I named her that because I couldn't say "Grandmother". I'm not sure "Memomer" is any easier to say than "Grandmother" but that's what they say.
I took this picture of us at Thanksgiving 2003 when she came to visit.
Let me see if I can name 10 things about her.
  1. She LOVES HER FAMILY
  2. Loves to read
  3. Made the best Homemade Apple Pie and Mashed Potatoes that I ever ate!
  4. Wonderful Seamstress and very creative
  5. Member of the Red Hat Society
  6. Married my grandfather in 1938. They were married for 57 years (I think) before he passed away.
  7. Provided a loving, stable environment, with my grandfather, for their children
  8. She, like me, was an only child and we both had 3 children
  9. She HATES to have her picture taken, but loves to look at pictures of her family!
  10. When her health was better she would come stay with us for 2-3 weeks at a time and we would have a wonderful time together going to the kid's activities, playing games like "Chicken Foot" and "Mexican Train", going to eat out and just talking and enjoying each other's company. I miss having her here with us. We keep her "chair" ready for her in case she can come see us again. It has a bright light for her to read. It will always be "Memomer's Chair"!

I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

She is an amazing woman who is loved, admired and adored by MANY!
Her mind is as sharp as a tack! She had planned to visit on Thanksgiving with my Mom and Ralph but the doctor said it isn't a good idea so they will not be able to join us for our celebration this year. :o(
I hope you birthday was as wonderful as you are!!!!!! XXOO - Kimmie

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

What a sweet honor to your grandmother. You look so beautiful in this picture with your grandmother -- brown is definitely your hair color. Your eyes match your sweater. Love you.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hope your grandmother had a wonderful birthday! Love your header!
have a great week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Unknown said...

That is a great picture of you two! Memomer is such an amazing woman!