Saturday, September 8, 2007

Okay, okay, our new addition is . . .

She/he is so-o-o-o tiny. We think it's a girl but aren't sure. For now, we are going to assume so until she visits the vet on Monday and he lets us know for sure. Okay, I know what you are saying, "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? YOU ALREADY HAVE 6 DOGS AND A PARROT. WHY DID YOU GET A CAT TOO?"
Well, it's like this. Some coworkers were walking down the road after lunch after the vehicle they rode in broke down. This kitten jumped out of a hole in some thick brush and nearly got run over on the busy road. One of the guys picked her up and brought her back to work to find her a home. Well, as luck would have it, I came around the corner and it was love at first sight! She is so precious! I had a cat for 10 years and lost her in 2002. I can't believe it's been 5 years now and it was time to heal that wound. Jody has been so cute with the kitten, that doesn't have a name yet. She "mothers" her. If the kitten gets out of her sight she gets up and goes looking for her. She whines if she can't find her. Jody is so tolerant of her too...as you can see here.

An exhausted "Mommy" of a new "baby"!

So, what do the other dogs think of her? Well, Jasmine wasn't to play with her but she is WAY too rough! The other 2 little dogs just ignore her and bark at her occasionally. The 2 BIG doggies outside haven't seen her yet. I think they'd probably think she was a snack!

Well, that's our newest bit of news! Oh, THANKS Nonie for your 8 comments so I would post this sooner! ;o) Hugs ~ Kim

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is so cute!!!! I love those pictures of her and Jody! I'm sure Gurn will love to see that :-)

Sunshine said...

It's a good thing that you posted a picture because rumor had it that you were expecting. Oh, by the way... I am allergic to cats. :-(

Sandy McTier Designs said...

She sure is precious! I miss having a cat. Steven isn't much of a cat lover.
See you on Monday!
Hope you have a great week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

The Price's Wife said...

What a stinkin cute kitty and puppy! Thanks for stopping by my blog... I have to say I am BEYOND impressed with your weight loss so far!!

Linda said...

How sweet is she? I love cats, but I am not as courageous as you. Two dogs is plenty. Enjoy and let us know the name soon.
Blessings

Unknown said...

I am just completely shocked that you added another member to the family! lol She is precious Mimi:) The pictures of her and Jody are priceless. Love you!!