Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Wow, 49 years young today! It's hard to comprehend but the years seem to get closer and closer together. Last Thursday I decided to go back closer to my natural hair color, less the gray. However, it came out a LOT darker than anticipated. I've had several days to get used to it but I'm liking it better each day. We'll see if I keep it that way.
I had a GREAT b-day. I had to work but was treated a like a queen with lunch with my friends/co-workers then cake (not looking forward to WW this week) and gifts! I left early to go to the doctor with Wayne and run some errands. Wayne's co-ed softball team had their first game tonight so we all went, except Ashley who had to work, and had a great time. We got an unexpected win 14-13 also! They played GREAT! Then all of the kids came over and they along with Wayne showered me with gifts!
Ok, are you ready for this? Between friends and family I received money or gift certificates to take 12 painting classes and $125.00 in Hobby Lobby gift cards among other great gifts like DVDs, CDs, toiletries, etc. I'm so excited.
Here are some pictures from tonight's celebration.
One of my MANY painting class gift certificates!

Cute Stepher with my cake!

Me and Jody!

Me with our kids and 3 of our doggies!

Not sure what Wayne and Jasmine are doing in this picture but cute anyway!

Thanks to everyone who left me sent me an e-card, left me a voice-mail, snail-mailed a card, sent me an e-mail, called me, sang HB to me, gave me a b-day hug, left a comment on my blog or even thought about me today. I love you all and am so thankful for another year and such a blessed life! Hugs ~ Kim

9 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Looks and sounds like you had a FABULOUS birthday! What a beautiful family you have and WOW very sweet ~ 12 classes - I cannot wait!!! Have a great day!
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Linda said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day. I am glad for you and it is obvious how much you love painting so I am glad you got so many gift certificates for classes. You do beautiful work. I like your hair too it shows off your eyes.
Blessings

Anonymous said...

Sandy says its your bday...
HAPYY BIRHTDAY TO YOU!!!

Alice J said...

Kim,
Sorry I missed your birthday! But Happy Birthday, anyway!
God has blessed you with another year to paint! So go for it!
He also blessed you with a beautiful family!
Hope your day is all you dreamed it would be.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND GOD BLESS!!!
AliceJ

Terry Richey said...

What a great birthday you had! Sorry I missed it, but "Happy Belated Birthday" Can't wait to see what all you get painted with that paint class gift certificate. That is a wonderful gift from a wondeful family. Cheers to your new look...I think you look fabulous!

~~Deby said...

Wow what a great family....looks like the day was wonderful
Deby

Sunshine said...

Happy Birthday! again.

Love you :-)

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday Mimi! I'm so glad that you had a great one. That means I did my job and did it well! So thank you :-)

Unknown said...

I love your new look:) Anytime you do something, I think it just gets better and better. Happy Birthday Mimi!