
I painted this apron to wear to my painting class on Saturday. I have gotten just a little bit of paint on nearly everything I own so I decided that I needed something to paint on consistently. I wanted it big and bold so when I got paint on it, it would show too much. Well, I certainly got big and bold. It's a nice apron with 3 pockets.
Here is the Calla Lily picture frame I painted in class. I struggled with it at first but was diligent and pretty happy with the outcome. I decided to put a picture of me at 1 year old with my beloved great-grandmother whom I lovingly called "Memomer Partridge". She babysat me a LOT when I was a baby and a young child. She passed away when I was 16 years old so I knew her very well and have so many wonderful memories of times spent with her. She would always make me my favorite, "Chicky and noodles". I also remember taking a baths at her house in her vintage claw-foot tub. She'd also play with me hours on end making tents and reading books in them. She had the most gorgeous hair and she'd let me brush it for her. She was a special woman in my life and I miss her dearly.
One of my coworkers asked me to make a sign for her Mom to put on her door at her nursing home. So, I painted this tonight. I love the colors and the yellow is beautiful against the green. This is without the flash...

...this is with the flash.

Here is my latest project. This is going to be a birdbath...hopefully!

As you can see, they are tera cotta pots and a saucer.

I painted all three pieces with Wicker White Outdoor paint.

The same lady that wanted the Sunflower Welcome Sign wants a birdbath with Sunflowers also. I believe Steph said they are wedding gifts. I'm excited to see how these come out! Check back to see the work in progress. I hope to be able to work on it some this week but I'll have to see how my week progresses.

I feel compelled to mention the loss of a wonderful young man, Miles Alpern Levin. He was diagnosed with a rare form of pediatric cancer just over 2 years ago and the Lord called him home early this morning. He was only 18 years old but in those few short years and especially in the last 2 years of his life since his cancer diagnosis, he made a huge impact on thousands of lives. Those who had the joy of meeting Miles in person received a special gift but even those, like me, who just knew of Miles through his Care Page, his CNN interviews and other public appearances, were touched. He showed great courage, strength, insight and decided no matter how long he had left on earth he wanted to make a difference in the lives of others and he did!
There is a comment on his page that links to a beautiful powerpoint presentation, What WILL Matter. If you have a few minutes, please take the time to watch. It is at the very least thought-provoking.
~
Steph, Brian and I taking a "Network" class on Spiritual Gifts at Lifepoint in the spring. Due to some conflicts with the facilitator and other extenuating circumstances we finally had our follow-up meeting today after church. I'm going to try to meet with Brother Joe this week about starting a ministry that allows me to focus on my spiritual gifts of Mercy, Helps, Encouragement & Craftsmanship along with my passion for the elderly. Our church is so young (4 years) and has a fairly young congregation so that is an area of ministry that hasn't been looked at a whole lot. There are a lot of areas we discussed today where we can serve God and serve others and I am so excited about this opportunity. My passion for the elderly stems from knowing all of my grandparents and 3 of my great-grandparents. The elderly are so wise and so often neglected. Our world has become so fast-paced and busy that we forget what is important. I'm hoping to help change that in our community. Take care and stay tuned for updates on this ministry as well as more painting and family updates. Hugs ~ Kim
7 comments:
i absolutely LOVE the calla lillies!!! They are so pretty!!:) im just waiting on mine....;)
Great job on WW I wish I could say the same for me still trying to get on track :) Sorry about the loss of the young man you mentioned I will visit back and go to that link. All your art work is wonderful. I love the sign for the nursing home is it so cheery.
Blessings
Geesshh..how did I miss all these posts? I thought I was checking everyday, then today I see all these great things you have painted (can't wait to see the finished bird bath) and all the great pictures of your family and friends on your recent trips. It was so good to "catch up" with you on your blog today. Happy painting!
Beautiful Art as always! Way to go on WW ~ I'm back this Friday but haven't decided if I'm gonna post it yet.
Looking forward to seeing the birdbath when it's finished.
Don't forget to bring your golf course canvas with you on Saturday.
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Sandy :)
I am brain dead this week (to be explained further on my blog soon), but I had to tell you the reason I keep loading your blog and seeing the last post in July is I saved it to my favorites on that day and that is what it pulls up! I have to refresh it to get the new stuff....DUH!! Sorry I fell behind posting to your blog!
Hey Kim please feel free to use my post. There is also a book called Mommy please don't cry a very sweet animated book written from the point of view of the lost child. Just love on them and listen if she wants to talk. In the beginning of a loss the couple usually has a lot of support but after a couple of weeks or months everyone else has moved on but they are still hurting. So just be mindful of that and as the Lord leads send them a note or give them a call or make a surprise dinner just because.
Blessings
The calla lillies are incredible! I cannot wait to get mine...I've only been waiting a year;) lol I love everything you do and I definitely need to take another class with you when everything settles down. Love you
Post a Comment