I left the world of Blogger for Facebook but on a whim decided to look at some old posts and realized how much I've missed writing here. I was so glad that I had written about so many events that were important to me. Anyway, 2011 has been a very eventful year with happy and sad times, as it is with life!
One of the happiest events was our son's marriage in February. It was a beautiful wedding and we are so happy and proud to have Cassie as part of our family along with her family. Couldn't ask for a more supportive family for our son and for that I am so very thankful.
Engagement Pic
I painted 50 wine glasses for gifts to give to the rehearsal dinner attendees. I loved painting them and everyone seemed to genuinely love them!
Love this pic of Rob and I.
2 Families unite.
My favorite picture!
Siblings :-)
Ceremony
Mr. & Mrs Rob Thompson
A few week after their marriage Rob was sent off to his deployment. :-( It's been tough and we are so ready for him to come home. We are very thankful for technology and the ability to keep in touch and even occasionally see him, but it has been tough on all, especially his sweet wife.
Rob - Prairie Doggin'! :-)
Another huge milestone was Ashley's UGA graduation in May 2011!! She graduated with her degree in Middle Grades Education with certificates in Math and Social Sciences. She was hired by her high school principal and is working as a parapro this year and hopes to be hired as a teacher for the 2012-13 school year. :-)
Here are a few miscellaneous pics from this summer
| Father's Day - Brain & Wayne putting together his new composter. It took 3 hours! |
| Wayne & Kim's 33rd wedding anniversary |
| Aunt Idalene and family - 100th birthday celebration - July 2011 |










No comments:
Post a Comment