Monday, December 28, 2009

Wow...Has it really been 9 months since I've posted?!?

Too much to update except to say this has been a year filled with lots of challenges and opportunities for spiritual growth. We've also had many blessings. One of the most significant is we've changed churches, which initially was devastating, but I know it's where God wants me to serve at this time in my life. Check it out if you get a chance... http://www.harvestchurch4u.org/ Our family had a wonderfully joyful Christmas and are looking forward to the new year.
Here are a few pics from the last 9 months including Christmas and a mini family reunion we had this weekend.

Donna Dewberry with Kim

Ashley, Rob & Steph @ Thanksgiving

Bryant, Cassie & Rob@ a bday party

We did a lot of baking this year and here are just a few of the goodies we made.

Some of the ornaments I painted for friends.

I LOVE Nativity scenes and have LOTS of them. Here are 3 that I set up on a table by our front door.

Here are a couple of pictures from our family reunion on 12/26/09 from my Dad's side of the family. The first picture is of me with my Great-Aunt Idalene. She is so sweet and sharp as a tack. I don't think she'd mind me telling you she is 98 years old! The second picture is of me with my first cousins. I am the oldest! Steph went with me and we had a blast!

I'll leave you with a few pics that I found this year from LONG ago that should give you a good chuckle.

About 6th or 7th grade in Texas. Can you guess which one is me?? Yep, the TALL one!

This is me with my Mom. Everyone always thought we were sisters!
Hope all of my friends had a blessed Christmas and are looking forward to a happy new year.
Blessings, Kim

3 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

9 months!! Finally!!! hehehe
Great having lunch with you and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Happy New Year Friend! Love ya!
Sandy

Phil T. said...

So glad to see a new posting on here. I thought you might have abandonded this blog. You know I live vicariously through your family. Haha! I love the old pictures. Say hey to your beautiful family for me. Happy New Year!!!
Phil

Thoughts from Debra said...

Hi, Kim!
Great to read your post...looks like you write about as much as I check other's blogs. (my bad) Happy New Year to your family and I hope it's truly blessed! Every year we pray for a better year than the last one...and He always gives us the strength we need to get through whatever comes our way. Give Wayne our greetings, as well. Jim and I are still looking for work, but he has some out-of state opportunities. Thank you for always thinking of us...you are so sweet!
Love, Debra